Wednesday 23 September 2009

and it's boring to hear of another young truth and what a typically shit thing to do.

i sent a lot of terrible emails this week. the first thing you need to know about me is that in emails i talk to everybody like they're my friend. even strangers and ex-boyfriends-who-ruined-my-life. so if you're one of those and have recieved an email from me this week - i'm sorry, probably.

my old classmate michael announced on facebook that he is going to be a dad next year. i feel like 60-70% of my highschool class has or is having a baby. i am twenty-one.

manchester orchestra aren't actually from manchester.

getting up at 5.30AM for work is an odd experience. i couldn't walk in a straight line on the way there. i ache from wandering around the first and second floors trying to work out what part of the law section a book called 'moot law' went, and reading the first pages of island and city travel guides so i knew which country they were grouped with. my geography is appalling. copenhagen is in denmark - i am learning something every day.

i went to keele and opened old wounds. i feel/felt/am pretty miserable, but ollie bought me a singing pumpkin that we had both danced to in sainsburys earlier. it cheered me up, so i'm sharing it here to cheer you up too:

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about classmates having babies. For my class, it seems, you either have a baby or you get arrested. Or, if you are like me and have done neither, you suck. All my cousins my age are married, and my dad and mom had me by the time they were my age. I'm twenty-two. Feeling like a failure or something. Nice pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy. Have been drinking rather heavily lately and am really embarrassed about this recent development in my email writing: "i talk to everybody like they're my friend." I would say we should have really friendly email conversations, but I think I decided to quit drinking for a while.

    The first time I saw Manchester Orchestra, they were opening for Mewithoutyou and I literally thought, "DUDE! There's an ORCHESTRA playing? HELL YES!"

    Just kidding. I don't talk like a bro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. everyone your / my age is also getting married and i want to punch them for it

    ReplyDelete
  4. "my old classmate michael announced on facebook that he is going to be a dad next year. i feel like 60-70% of my highschool class has or is having a baby. i am twenty-one."

    Yeah, that's both sad and scary. I'm at the library right now b/c my laptop crashed, but I'll be sure to listen to that pumpkin when all's well with the world again.

    Keele Street, eh? I don't know about you, but I've always hated my life in this godforsaken mega city. Fuck it! People are so bloddy aloof here. I made more friends when I was working in Dubai within the mere 7 months I was there, than I'd made my entire life in this freakin' hell hole!

    ReplyDelete