Friday 4 September 2009

a heavily romanticised idea of autumn

taped to a window on canal street is an advert by a pakistani woman who is seeking a gay pakistani man for a fake wedding. i felt bad but envious. i would quite like a fake wedding. i'd like to get married for a joke to prepare myself for the real thing. i feel like it would 'take the edge off'.

big brother is over. i'm glad. i became very fed up with people criticising me for watching it. i like watching people. if there was a couple arguing on the street i would be interested. if there was a man crying on a bench i would feel sad. how is that any different? or do people generally not care about strangers? i like to think i do.

i want to live inside my head and poke at it's soft walls and love everyone.

the topless black man who walks around manchester carrying a white rabbit spoke to me today. i felt like i was in the presence of a celebrity. a really bad smelling celebrity. i wonder if he has any friends.

quite often i feel the urge to email people who were previously significant in my life and say 'THIS IS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU'. just so they know.

5 comments:

  1. "i'd like to get married for a joke to prepare myself for the real thing. i feel like it would 'take the edge off'."

    I remember in grade 1 we used to have fake weddings at the horrid Catholic school I went to. Now I don't even believe in marriage.

    "just so they know."

    Just so they know what exactly? That you're alive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ignore ryan manning
    just ignore him
    it would be better
    REAL marriage is antiquated
    fake marriage is awesome

    i am a stranger
    i should set up a live webcam feed

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have seen one of those fake marriage ads before in gay village.
    i looked at one for a long time.
    maybe the same person
    poor sod

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man, that guy with the rabbit is legendary haha. he spoke to me too, and asked me if i happened to have any food to give to the rabbit... i said no.

    ReplyDelete